Sunday, June 16, 2013

Altera XIV 1.0 VS Altera XIV ARR




 With FFXIV ARR implementing much more changes to character customizations, I decided to make some tweaks to her skincolor. Could no longer find the purpleish skincolor she used to have, so I decided to go for a more dark gray skin.

With this darker skin, I felt the light pink haircolor with yellow highlight was too bright, so I picked a dark purple main haircolor with a softer orange highlights.

Thanks to also allowing us to choose separate eyecolors, I decided to match them to her haircolor :)

Picture on the LEFT is her NEW looks in A Realm Reborn
Picture on the RIGHT was her OLD looks from XIV Version 1.0

Hope you all like the changes. Please leave a comment of what you think of them :D

6 comments:

  1. She looks awesome, man! Assuming it's not the lighting, I like how you used a darker (oranger?) base hair color. Also, good eye on using matching "odd", matching eye colors ... no pun intended. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have worker with printing presses for 11 years, and mixed printing inks to match the colors of company logos ;)
      So matching the eye colors to match the haircolors was pretty easy :D

      Delete
    2. And her haircolor is Purple, there is a second color feature called Highlights, that you can add another layer of color on the hair. Each hairstyle has its own preset on where the Highlights gets spread. I picked orange for the highlights on Altera :)

      Delete
    3. Fair enough. I've used said hairstyle many times; I must have gotten them backwards. >.<

      Delete
  2. Honestly I think you should stick with the pink. Maybe a slightly darker pink will take off a bit of the contrast with the new darker skin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Main reason I went purple, was because this was how I wanted her colors to be like in the 1.0 version. But due to very few choices, I was kinda forced to pick the pink.

      I do like her 1.0 design ofc, but I love her new one as this was how I imagined her when originally created her ;)

      Delete